In less than 2 months we will be boarding Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas and begin our adventure to the Key West and Cuba! Here at Quick Quotes we are busy getting projects and classes ready for your cruise and getting excited that it is getting close!
You can crop 24/7 if you choose. The room can stay open as long as anyone wants to scrap. Remember you can scrap at home or on the ship, but you can’t make more memories of your cruise vacation after you get home. So make plenty of memories to scrap! Take lots of photos, see what adventures are around each bend!
Classes will ONLY be on day two, Tuesday, our only full day at sea.
• 9am-12 Classes
• 12-2pm Shopping at the QQ booth and lunch
• 2-4pm Classes
Tag Swap: Optional
We did a tag swap on the last cruise and it was so much fun we will do it again. Here is how it works:
• Bring 12 handmade tags all exactly alike.
(Turn in just 1 set of 12 please)
• If you want to save one for yourself, make 13 and keep one.
• If you want to trade with any scrappers whose card you may not have gotten make a few more than 12 or 13.
Theme: Tropical, Cuba, Key West, water, cruise… etc. Choose any of these.
• Any size and any colors. Elaborate or simple.
• Bring to the crop room Tuesday morning. We will do the swap at noon on Tuesday.
Most asked question: “How do we get all our scrapbook stuff there?”
If you look at the supply list below you can see that what we recommend will practically fit in a small purse. All of our kits and projects have all the pieces in the package. See how easy that was? Pack light.
Supply list: Bring these basics.
1. Tape runners and plenty of refills.
2. Beacons 3 in 1 liquid glue or other glue that doesn’t warp your paper. (For altered project)
3. Powder Puff Chalk Inks: Terra Cotta, Bermuda, Deep Sea, Aloha, Sunset, Jade, Pineapple, Moana
4. 12” Trimmer and extra blades
5. Scissors (4” or less for carryon)
6. Pop dots and glue dots (optional)
7. Corner rounder (optional)
8. Bone folder (optional)
9. Bring all the class kits that come in the mail.
If you get on the ship with just these items, you have enough to do our projects and more.
Shipping is FREE on all the class kits and any extra products and pre-orders you may want to order, for this shipment only, and will be shipped to you approximately 2 to 3 weeks before your cruise. Bring your class kits and supplies with you in your suitcase.
You should be able to bring your scrapbook supplies directly to the conference room after you board the ship on Monday. Ask for directions to the conference room. If I am not there yet, put your things inside the door of the conference room along the wall and when I get the seating organized after I get there you are free to find your assigned seat and begin scrapping!
We will not have an organized get together on embarkation day which is Monday July 22. We will meet everyone at 9am the next day, which will be Tuesday morning, and begin the first class. Since this is a short cruise, we only have one full day at sea. We will have classes and shopping that will fill up most of that day. Please note that you won’t get a bad grade for skipping class. We will just know that you are having a great time on the ship with maybe a Margarita or some wonderful Cuban beverage. Not a problem!
No classes or organized scrapbook activities on times we are in port. The ship sails from Cuba at 2pm on Friday the 26. We will, however, be giving away prizes on that Friday after we leave Cuba at 3pm to 4pm.
You can leave all of your scrapbook supplies in the crop room for the duration of the cruise. Gail, our cruise agent, said they have done this for years and there has never been a problem. Of course it is at your own risk but it makes it really handy to be able to leave it all in one place all week.
You can crop 24/7 if you choose. The conference room can stay open as long as anyone wants to scrap.
Normally we need to have things packed up and out of the conference room by around 5pm at the end of the cruise on the eve before we disembark so they can get it ready for the next cruise. This has not been a problem in the past since we are having dinner, packing and getting ready to disembark early the next morning during that final evening.
Canon Selphy Printers
We will provide you with (10) 4x6 sheets of photo paper to print a few photos. We will be bring a couple of printers for you to use in the classroom. One lucky person will go home with a Selphy Printer as the grand prize!
Be sure and bring your camera card with the photos you want to print. If you want to print wirelessly from your phone you must download the Canon app to your phone before you leave home.
QQ store: Register credit card
I will be bringing a limited amount of product for the store such as extra inks, paper packs, layouts etc. If you want to use a credit card for the store you must register at this link (CLICK HERE). Then you can shop and won’t need your credit card with you. You can also pay at the end with cash, but your credit card must to be on file here at Quick Quotes. Register by July 1. We won’t be bringing tools. If you have a special tool to bring or share be sure it has your name on it.
Boxes with your class kits and any add-ons you pre-ordered will be shipped to arrive at your house a couple of weeks before you leave. Throw out the extra pair of shoes and make room for your kits! You have to bring them home with you anyway so make a little space…it’s all flat! These must be ordered by July 1 to ship for free in the class box we are sending you.(CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS)
Add On Orders:
Place orders for extra product or add-ons on the QQ website by July 1 and we will ship them to you FREE with your class box and save you the shipping.
• 2019 Box of 12 inks or single inks:
Box of Inks $34.99 Single Inks $3.49
• Ink Carrier $22.99 (Reg. $24.99) Holds 24 QQ Powder Puff Inks
Class and crop schedule:
• July 22 Monday: Fort Lauderdale Embarkation Bring your scrapping supplies and kits to the crop room anytime during the day or evening. If I am not there yet to get the room setup, leave your things inside the door to the conference room against the wall until we have the tables organized and names at table spaces. Later that afternoon you can locate your name and table space and know that is yours for the duration of the cruise! We will sit you with your friends. Ladies coming alone as a scrapper, we will put you at the table with the other cruisers who are scrapping single. You will have new BFF’s before you know it. Scrap all night if you choose to! There will not be any organized classes on embarkation day. I will be in the room for about 3 hours during this day.
• July 23 Tuesday: 9am-12 Class… 12-2 Shop at QQ store… 2-4pm Class
• July 24 Wednesday: Key West… 8am-7pm …No class today
• July 25 Thursday: Havana…7am overnight…No class today
• July 26 Friday: Havana… Depart Havana at 2pm… 3pm prizes in the scraproom
• July 27 Saturday: Fort Lauderdale… Disembark 7am
Important items to pack
• Passport/Copy of Passport (exp. date at least 6 months after cruise)
• Credit Card/Copy of credit card and customer service phone number in case of lost card. Call your credit card company to let them know you will be out of country.
• Cell phone and charger (optional). Call your carrier to find the best plan.
• Hand sanitizer
• Small flashlight
• Insect repellent (the repellent wipes are handy)
• Book or entertainment for flight…pillow, headphones.
• Earplugs in case your roommate snores!
• Put any meds in your carry on (also a pair of underwear…in case your luggage gets lost!)
• Comfy shoes for walking and flip flops for pool area.
• Name on luggage (even carryon bags…they make you check those sometimes).
• Sunglasses and sunscreen.
• Camera/Camera Card/Charger
• Small travel pouch or purse that you can hide out of site on your body for passport and credit cards. Pick pockets watch for easy targets so hide yours on you!
• Cool clothes, swim suit, casual to dressy dinner clothes.
• Order excursions ahead of time.
• Meet in the conference room 9am Tuesday morning July 23, for classes.
• If you want to use a credit card for the store you must register your card at this link by July 1, 2019. (CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS)
• Add-on Orders: Place these orders on the QQ website by July 1 and we will ship them to you with your class box and save you the shipping.
I’m looking forward to seeing all of you soon! If you have cruise related questions, email Gail or Cheri at firstname.lastname@example.org . For class info or scrapbook questions email Patsy at email@example.com.
Start packing! It will be here before you know it! I am looking forward to cruising with all of you!